Keeping a food journal can be really helpful in understanding how certain foods affect your body, either negatively or positively. It can give you insight into what foods make you feel good, and which ones cause you to feel not so good.
How to Use the Food Diary
- Set a goal for the day. It can be related to food, exercise, or anything you want.
- Record all of your meals including snacks.
- 30 minutes to 1 hour after eating, record your mood. Notice any subtle changes like feeling more anxious or tired after eating.
- Track any movement or exercise you do each day.
- Record your water intake and bowel movements for each day. This can help you understand which foods might be slowing down your digestive system.
- At the end of the week, answer the reflection questions at the end to help determine how what you ate contributed to how you felt.
- Make any necessary changes to your diet that will support a healthier version of yourself from the information you gained.
Claim your FREE 7 Day Food Diary here!