Losing weight is not always easy. I know from experience how challenging it can be.
We live in a society that constantly promotes fast food, alcohol, and a sedentary lifestyle, making it pretty tough to access healthy foods.
We are bombarded with advertisements and become tempted by the quick fix of surgery to get rid of the weight instead of working to naturally lose it through lifestyle changes and physical activities.
Sometimes when trying to lose weight, we can hit a plateau. This can be super frustrating, especially if you have been committed to the journey and doing everything right.
You’ve cut back on the alcohol, increased your water intake, and decided to try a vegan diet. Yet still, the weight remains.
It’s stubborn and resilient. It just won’t disappear.
You start to feel like you want to give up and like the journey isn’t worth it. At some point, you may even begin to feel defeated or like a failure.
I’ve been there before. I understand how disappointing this is. Especially if it’s been a continuous cycle of losing weight and then gaining it right back.
I’ve gone on more weight loss journeys than I can count, but each time I found encouragement through the power of positive affirmations.
What are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are positive statements made to overcome negative thought patterns. Repeating positive affirmations helps dismantle negative self-talk or beliefs and replaces them with uplifting thoughts.
Reciting positive affirmations daily is a powerful practice that can improve your well-being, help you manifest your dreams and desires, and raise your self-esteem.
How to Use Positive Affirmations
Positive affirmations can be stated at any time of the day. You can recite them first thing when you wake up, during your workouts, when you’re eating, and before bed.
There is no right or wrong way or time to state them.
At first, it might feel like a lie that you are telling yourself. It might even be uncomfortable to recite them. Especially if you’ve been used to thinking negatively about yourself for quite some time.
If these beliefs have been reinforced by others, it can be even more difficult to say positive affirmations, let alone believe them.
You may feel like a fraud and decide that there is no benefit to it.
Any sort of change can bring about discomfort. But, I encourage you to stick with it because once you get into the habit of saying positive affirmations, you will be able to see the difference in your mood, your confidence, and the way you speak and think about yourself.
Below, I’d like to share positive affirmations to recite as you progress on your weight loss journey.
These have been extremely helpful for me in not only losing weight, but also maintaining my weight loss for the last 6 months and counting.
Try reciting a few of these every day for one week to help you along your weight loss journey.
71 Encouraging Affirmations for Losing Weight
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I am successful at losing weight.
- I am persistent and accomplish everything I set my mind to.
- I nourish my body daily and treat it as the divine temple that it is.
- I give myself grace during challenging times.
- I do not give up, even when I want to because I know that the results will be worth it.
- I am strong.
- I am healthy and fit.
- I love my body and am grateful for all of its capabilities.
- I let go of any weight holding me back from being my best self.
- I honor my body and respect its needs.
- I love myself, and I am proud of my accomplishments.
- I do not compare my journey with others. I know that we are individuals, and my journey is my own.
- I believe in myself and my ability to succeed.
- I allow water to nourish my body and cleanse it of anything that does not serve me.
- I make small changes every day that lead me one step closer to my goals.
- I am consistent and know that my consistency will pay off.
- I am proud of myself for taking care of my body.
- I eat foods that nourish my mind, body, and soul.
- I am doing my best, and my best is good enough.
- I am full of energy.
- I live an active lifestyle and enjoy moving my body daily.
- I am losing weight every day.
- I am creating the body of my dreams.
- I am confident in my new body.
- I enjoy eating healthy foods and living a healthy lifestyle.
- I feel amazing in my body.
- I love my body and how powerful it is.
- I am resilient, and I do not give up.
- I accept myself as I am.
- I love taking care of my body.
- I know that I am capable of losing weight.
- I deserve to be healthy.
- I deserve to be fit.
- I love getting in shape so that I can have the body I desire.
- Losing weight makes me feel great!
- I am energized when I work out.
- Taking care of my body takes care of my mind.
- I feel good, and I look great.
- I am doing everything I can to be the best version of myself.
- I intentionally choose to take care of my health.
- I consciously choose to cleanse my body of excess weight.
- My body takes care of me by removing toxins daily.
- I drink water every day and feel refreshed when I do.
- I love drinking water because it nourishes my body.
- I love to fuel my body with fruits and vegetables.
- I am a pro at losing weight.
- Losing weight comes naturally to me.
- I grow stronger with each day.
- I grow healthier with each day.
- I give my body rest with intermittent fasting.
- I am not defined by my weight or size.
- I love the skin I am in.
- I no longer rely on food for my happiness.
- Negative habits and weight gain are in my past.
- I choose to make healthy food choices every day.
- I choose to work out because I feel great when I do.
- I am grateful for my body and all that it does for me.
- I know that my future self is proud of me.
- I let go of the negative habits that do not support my weight loss goals.
- I accomplish my goals with ease.
- I do not regain the weight that I lose.
- I easily maintain my weight loss with consistency and care for my body.
- I know that I can have the body of my dreams.
- I push myself when I feel like giving up.
- I do not give up easily and am determined to reach my goal weight.
- I am supported on my weight loss journey.
- I love challenging myself and will achieve my goal weight.
- I strive to live a life of health, wealth, and prosperity.
- I am happy with the progress I have made with my weight loss.
- I am not tempted by foods with little nutritional value and are not in line with my weight loss goals.
I am so proud of you for working to improve your wellness. You are doing a fantastic job, and I hope you are proud of yourself too!
Use these positive affirmations to continue to propel you forward during your journey to a healthier you.
Remember that weight loss is a process. It does not happen overnight and takes consistency and dedication.
There might be times when you feel like giving up, and that’s okay. What matters is that you keep going.
Continue to work towards your weight loss goals. If you haven’t already, try creating S.M.A.R.T. goals to assist you with your journey.
S.M.A.R.T. goals are:
S – Specific
M – Measurable
A – Achievable
R – Realistic
T – Timely
Here is an example of how to create a S.M.A.R.T. Goal:
Specific: I will lose 5lbs by walking daily.
Measurable: I will walk one mile every day for one month.
Achievable: I have walked two miles in the past and I enjoy walking.
Realistic: I will walk in the mornings because that is when my energy is highest.
Timely: I will lose 5lbs after walking every day for one month.
You can start with smaller goals so that they are easier to achieve. Whatever your goal is, stick with it and use the positive affirmations above to support you on your journey.
In the comments below, let me know what your favorite positive affirmations are and how they have helped you throughout your weight loss journey.